In conjunction with Say Sorry Day 2010, on Sept 5, I spoke to some local personalities to find out what “sorry” means to them. Among those featured are:
1. Former Bar Council President Dato’ Ambiga Sreenasevan
2. BFM presenter Freda Liu
3. Social-activist Datin Paduka Marina Mahathir
4. Actress Sarah Lian
5. Financial Fortress Coach Nash Idrus and actress Sazzy Falak
6. Actress and former Miss Malaysia-Universe Elaine Daly
7. Civil Rights Committee of KL & Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall Chairperson Liau Kok Fah
8. The Malaysian Insider Director Sreedhar Subramaniam
Say Sorry Day:
When we do wrong — whether intentionally or not — we cause hurt both to ourselves and others. Saying sorry is taking the first step in the healing process for both parties.
A collective of individuals and organisations have come together to declare Sept 5, 2010, as Say Sorry Day. Everyone — in Malaysia and beyond — is encouraged on this day to seek forgiveness from and grant it to each other.
Twitter hashtag: #iamsorry
Link codes: Say Sorry Day – What does ‘Sorry’ mean to you?